Glenrochie Country Club was a 9-hole facility designed by Alex McKay in 1958. It was built on land acquired from Camp Glenrochie which was an all girls camp dating back to the 1800’s!
In 1989, Dan Maples designed the second 9 holes to complete the beautiful 18-hole, 7,000 yard layout. Until the beginning of 2011, the front 9 played relatively flat with generous fairways, and the back 9 challenged players with elevation changes and tight, tree lined fairways.
Today, the course plays different from years ago, but Glenrochie has always been known for its fast, tricky, and undulating greens.
Why People Choose GCC
Meet our Pro
Euggies is a Kingsport TN native. He is a 1991 Sullivan South Graduate, 1994 Walters State Community College Graduate and has completed the A.S. Golf Course/Turf-grass Management program.
He has 20 years teaching experience. His areas of expertise include:
- Short Game (chipping, sand play, putting)
- Mental Approach
- Course Management
- Goal Setting
- Tournament Scheduling
- College Preparation
Awards and Accomplishments
- Tri-Cities Chapter Tennessee PGA Player of the Year 2002
- Tri-Cities Chapter Tennessee PGA Horton Smith Award Winner 2003
- Tri-Cities Chapter Tennessee PGA Teacher of the Year – 2004, 2005, 2013
- Tri-Cities Chapter Tennessee PGA Junior Golf Leader – 2012
- Tri-Cities Chapter Tennessee PGA Teacher of the Year 2014
- Tennessee Section PGA Cup Team Member – 2002, 2003, 2011
- 2011 Ira Templeton Chattanooga Open Low Professional